The school’s mission statement is as follows.
At Hawkinge Primary School we encourage the whole child to reach his or her full potential and acquire the necessary knowledge, skills and values for life.
We are part of a Co-operative trust working alongside two other local schools (to find out more see the Vicus Trust link) and have signed up to follow the joint values of the Co-Operative trust which are below.
Our Co-operative Values
- Self-help: Encouraging all within the organisation to help each other, by working together to gain mutual benefits. Helping people to help themselves.
- Self-responsibility: To take responsibility for, and answer to, our actions.
- Democracy: To give our stakeholders a say in the way we run our school.
- Equality: Equal rights and benefits according to their contribution.
- Equity: Being fair and unbiased
- Solidarity: Supporting each other and those in other co-operatives.
Our Ethical Values
Consistent with the values of the founders of the Co-operative Movement, we believe in the ethical values of:
- Social responsibility
- Caring for others